Remote Desktop - Android
These instructions are for the Microsoft Remote Desktop App.
Note: University purchased apps such as the Remote Desktop App can be installed from your iPad's Self Service app.
- From the Home screen, tap the Microsoft Remote Desktop icon.
- Tap the Gateways button. Add a new gateway by tapping the plus sign in the
upper right of the screen.
Tap the dropdown menu and select Remote Desktops. Add a new remote desktop by tapping the plus
sign. Here you will enter in the information
for your computer as well as your credentials.
- Enter a name for the gateway that you’ll remember (this example uses “UWSP RD
Gateway” as the name)
- Enter remotedesktop.uwsp.edu for the server name.
- Leave the Credentials section blank.
- Tap the Done button.
In the Remote Desktops screen, tap the name of the remote desktop you want to
connect to (i.e. the machine you created in step 3).
- For Connection name, enter a name for this connection (i.e. “Steve’s Office
- For PC name, enter the name of the computer you will be connecting to. Visit
the Software/Hardware section of the General FAQ page for instructions on how to find
a UWSP computer name.
- For Gateway, select the gateway you created in step 2.
- In the Credentials section, enter your UWSP firstname.lastname@example.org and your UWSP
password. Leave the Domain\user and Password boxes blank.
- Tap Done, and the new Remote Desktop should appear in the Remote Desktops
screen of the RD Client.
Accept the certificate that pops up. You should now be connecting to your
Is your UWSP computer asleep or powered off? Visit the Wake My Computer
website to power on your computer.