Course Content Drop-In Tutoring Center Schedule
Location: CBB 190
Tutors for STEM courses are available on a drop-in basis - no appointment needed! The STEM Drop-In Tutoring Center is located in CBB 190, right next to Starbucks. Click on the subject below to expand the section to view tutoring days and times.
What can you expect from tutoring?
- Tutoring is a collaborative learning process. Tutors will expect you to come prepared and to actively participate.
- You should bring appropriate materials including your textbook, notes, syllabus, calculator, etc.
- Tutors will help you understand course content through discussion, review, and practice. They will not lecture or simply give answers.
- Tutors are not content experts, but rather experts at being successful students. They will work alongside you to find answers and will demonstrate effective learning strategies.
- Tutors will refer you to other resources, including professor office hours, as appropriate.
- Tutors will help you develop good study skills and test-taking strategies. You will be strongly encouraged to try new strategies and techniques.
- You are expected to attend class and apply your own work ethic to your courses, including spending adequate time studying outside of tutoring.