Tutoring is a great way to discuss, practice, and review course content with a student who has done well in the subject area. The tutors are UWSP students who have done well in their classes and who are here to share their successful study habits and content knowledge to help you succeed. Discussing concepts and processes together clarifies and solidifies knowledge, and the tutors are eager to study with you.
What can you expect from Course Content Tutoring?
- Tutors will help you develop the skills you need to understand course content through discussion, review, and practice.
They will not lecture or simply give answers to graded work.
- Tutoring is a collaborative learning process. Tutors will expect you to come prepared and to actively participate. You should bring appropriate materials including your textbook, notes, syllabus, calculator, etc.
- Tutors are not content experts, but rather experts at being successful students. They will work alongside you to find answers and they will demonstrate effective learning strategies.
- Tutors will refer you to other resources, including professor office hours, as appropriate.
- Tutors will help you develop good study skills and test-taking strategies. They will encourage you to try new strategies and techniques.
- You are expected to attend class and apply your own work ethic to your courses, including spending adequate time studying outside of tutoring.
Course Content Tutoring Formats
||"Drop-in" and stay as long as you like!
|Recurring Attendance as Needed
with Same Tutor
|FREE for all students!
||FREE for all students!
Book an appointment in Navigate here or with the Navigate phone app.
View Drop-In Tutoring Schedule.
No appointment is needed.