Name Changes to University Records
Changing Name of Record
All university correspondence addressed to students is based on the current "name of record" in the UWSP Student Information System (accesSPoint).
- The following lists areas/documents where primary name will appear (whether or not you have a preferred name in accesSPoint).
- Financial Aid documents
- Student bill and other Student Financial documents (1098t)
- Official and Unofficial transcripts
- Enrollment verifications
- Immigration documents
- Health Services
- A "preferred name" is a first or middle name change only. This name reflects what a student chooses to be called if different from the primary name.
- The following lists areas where preferred name will appear.
- Online Directory
- Class Rosters
- Grade Rosters
- Student Services Center (in accesSPoint)
- Degree Audit
Process for Name Changes