TLC hiring is nearly complete for this semester. However, all applicants are kept on file in case positions open and for the following semester.
Join the TLC Team of students helping students! As a tutor, you will support your peers in achieving their learning goals while learning and growing as a professional. TLC tutors experience:
- Enhanced communication skills.
- Increased understanding of and new perspectives on the subject they tutor as they work with other tutors and learners.
- Better comprehension of the learning process itself through professional development and work with diverse learners.
- Expanded mentorship skills.
- Flexible hours in a convenient on-campus work location.
- Completed at least one semester at UWSP.
- Demonstrate a strong grasp of course material as evidenced by course grades and/or faculty reference.
- Available to tutor for at least two semesters.
- Willing to work with peers in a collaborative learning environment.
- Enjoy helping others learn.
Duties and Expectations:
- Provide tutoring and support in one of our service areas.
- Assist learners in the development of effective study skills and test-taking strategies.
- Learn and continually apply TLC and tutoring program procedures.
- Check email and communicate frequently with TLC staff.
- Attend required orientations, meetings, and training sessions.