Prepare for a great career!
Paper Science and Chemical Engineering at UW-Stevens Point
The academic programs in the Paper Science and Chemical Engineering Department will prepare you to make a difference in the manufacturing industries. You will learn to use your skills in math and science to solve complex engineering problems and work effectively with a team. Your projects may include energy reduction opportunities, reducing water use, and improving the environmental performance and sustainability of large scale industrial processes.Hands-on experiences
Faculty members provide career guidance inside and outside the classroom through professional and extracurricular activities. These activities include:
Graduates find jobs
- touring industrial manufacturing facilities;
- undergraduate research;
- industrial internships;
- participating in professional organizations;
- attending professional meetings and seminars; and
- working with our own coating and laminating machine and the world’s fastest student-run paper machine in our process engineering laboratory.
Students have career opportunities in Wisconsin, across the country and around the world. About 50% of our graduates stay in Wisconsin. Many work
in other countries. The map below shows where our alumni are!
Employers hire our graduates because
- have a sound background in fundamental science and engineering principles;
- understand related issues such as environmental protection, occupational health and safety, resource management and appropriate business skills;
- are well-rounded professionals in terms of teamwork, communication and problem solving; and
- have developed life-long learning skills and abilities.
Interested in the Chemical Engineering and/or Paper Science and Engineering programs? Email
for more information and tour opportunities! We'd love to have you visit!