Skip to main content

​Adult Students - Frequently Asked Questions

Do you offer strictly online programs?
We have 4 fully online undergraduate degrees and 8 online graduate degree programs. There are also many programs offered in a combination of online and face-to-face courses. Learn more about online degrees and course offerings

Do I have to take an ACT or SAT test to be admitted?
We are test optional so you do NOT need to submit an ACT or SAT score to be admitted.

I want to return to school. How do I find out what I need to complete my degree?
Contact Admissions, at to see what you need to complete your degree!
Is there a place on campus where I can meet other adult students?
Yes, there are several places you can go. The Alliance for Nontraditional Students Office, located in the Dreyfus University Center, room 066 D, is a great place to use student computers and printers free of charge, enjoy a hot beverage and meet other students. You will also meet other students in your classes and at a variety of events designed for adult students.  

Are scholarships available for adult students at UWSP?
Yes! The UWSP Foundation has scholarships specifically for non-traditional students. 

Is childcare available on campus? 
Yes! The University Child Learning and Care Center (UCLCC) is located in Dezell Hall. The Center is nationally accredited, state licensed, and offers quality programming. Call 715-346-4370 for more information. 

Is tutoring available on campus?
Yes! Group tutoring and one-on-one tutoring are offered on many subjects in the Tutoring-Learning Center, located in the basement level of Albertson Hall (Room 018). For Fall 2020, tutoring is available via Zoom. Please see website for more details.

Where can I get career advising? Where can get help with resume writing?
You can meet with a Career Specialist in the Academic and Career Advising Center (ACAC) located in room 320 in Albertson Hall. For Fall 2020, appointments are held via email, phone, Skype, or Zoom. Please see website for more details.

Where can I find out about parking on campus?
You can learn more about UW-Stevens Point Parking Services at You can also visit them in room 124 in the George Stien Building, 1925 Maria Drive. They are open Monday-Friday, 7:45 a.m.-4 p.m. 
Who do I contact to find out about prior learning assessment?
To learn more about Prior Learning Assessment, contact Sally Cayan at or 715-346-2764.

Does UWSP accept credit-by-exam (CLEP) credits?
Yes. Certain CLEP credits are accepted. You can learn more here.

Who do I contact at UWSP to find out about transfer credits?
To learn more about transfer credits please contact Cheryl Kawleski, Transfer Admissions Counselor, at or call 715-346-2441.

Where can I find information about how credits transfer within the UW system?
You can see how credits transfer to and from UW-Stevens Point by logging into Transferology. UW-Stevens Point also offers transfer guides for many majors here.  
I am a veteran. What kinds of military education benefits are available for me?
For information on military education benefits, please contact UW-Steven Point’s veteran's services coordinator, Christopher Smith at 715-346-2687 or​. She is located in the Office of the Registrar, Student Services Center 101. 

©1993- University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point