Week of October 27, 2014
Welcome to week 9 of the semester.
Be an Informed Voter
Election day is one week away. We encourage you to take time to become an informed voter and participate in the election on Tuesday, November 4.WisconsinVote.org
is an excellent source that provides candidate information, polling locations, and rules for college-student voting
Advising Information for Winterim and Spring
- Know when you register. Your registration date/time has been posted to MyPoint. Directions for registration are also on MyPoint.
- Review your DPR prior to your appointment to make sure you are on track to graduate.
- Review your SOE Undergraduate Handbook or Advising Guide to make sure you are meeting expectations in a timely manner.
- Review the timetable prior to your advising appointment to determine how your classes fit together.
- You should bring your School of Education Handbook or Advising Guide, a newly printed Degree Progress Report (available on MyPoint), any planning sheets you need for Education and your major or minor, and a graduation plan (if you have one).
- Make a list of questions or concerns and discuss them with your adviser.
- Pre-registration for spring is required for all ECE and Education courses other than Education 205. The Pre-registration directions are available online. The deadline to see your School of Education adviser is Wednesday, October 29.
- Pre-registration for courses in other departments has already begun and is typically on a first-come, first-served basis. Com Dis 367, Health Ed 280, Natural Resources 370 and Phy Ed 231 do not require permission. The PR means you must be admitted to the Professional Education Program.
- Participate fully in the advising experience.
- Follow through on recommendations from your adviser.
Maggie Beeber and John Gaffney