Skip to main content

Transcript FAQ

What is a transcript?  
  • A transcript is a complete history of UW-Stevens Point courses attempted and grades received. The courses are listed in semester order and your semester and cumulative grade point averages (GPA's) are shown after each term. It also shows earned degrees, majors, and minors.

 What is the difference between an official and an unofficial transcript (Academic History Report)?

  • The main difference is that an official transcript typically reflects a higher level of authentication and a reduced opportunity for someone to alter the record. We use special safety paper and it includes the registrar's signature. It is most acceptable as official if it goes directly from UWSP to the other school or business rather than passing through the student's hands. Some places may accept an official transcript that is given to the student in a sealed envelope if the student sends it to them unopened.  

How do I order an official transcript? 

  • Alumni and non-current students can order official transcripts as a hard copy or electronically in PDF format.  Orders are placed through Parchment

  • Currently enrolled students will be directed to Parchment by clicking on Order Transcript in the Academic Records tile in accesSPoint. There is choice between receiving an electronic (pdf) or paper copy of your transcripts. A credit card is required.  

I no longer have my password to accesSPoint.  How do I order a transcript?

  • As a non-current student, you would place your order through Parchment.

How do I order an electronic (pdf) transcript?

  • Official transcripts can be ordered through Parchment. The transcripts are delivered as a secure .pdf document, and are available to be sent to yourself, a college/university or a third party. 

If I want a transcript sent by Fed Ex, can it be done?

  • Yes, we offer that option if you place your order through Parchment for an additional fee. Keep in mind that Fed Ex cannot deliver to a P.O. Box – you must provide a street address. You will receive a tracking number from Parchment.

What is "Parchment"?

  • Parchment is our official partner that we use to process online transcript requests. The Office of the Registrar maintains all records, but orders may be placed online using the Parchment website.

How can I get a copy of my unofficial transcripts (Academic History Report)?

  • You can get an Academic History Report free of charge by coming in to the Office of the Registrar (101 SSC).  A photo ID will be required. 

  • If you are a current student, you can print an Academic History Report from the Academic Records tile in accesSPoint.

What if I submit my Academic History Report and the receiving party will not accept it? Do I have to put in a request to have an official copy mailed?

  • Yes. Note: Educational institutions will not accept unofficial transcripts.

Can an official transcript be mailed directly to a student?

  • Yes, however, it does say "Issued to the Student" on the transcript. 

Can I pick up a copy of my transcript on campus?

  • Yes, but you should place your order online first. During the ordering process, you will be able to specify that you want to pick up the transcript in the Office of the Registrar. We will hold on to transcripts for one month; after that time, they will be mailed to the home address we have on file.

If I am picking up my transcript from the Office of the Registar (101 SSC), what will I need?

  • You will need a photo ID.

Can I have someone else pick up my transcript for me?

  • Yes, but you will have to specify that in the comments at the time the transcripts are ordered. The person picking it up will need to have a photo ID.

How long does it take for a transcript to be sent once the request is received?

  • Generally, transcripts will be mailed one to two business days after receiving your request. 

If I mark "hold for grades," how long will it take for the transcript request to be processed?

  • Normally, transcripts that are marked "hold for grades" are sent within 10 days after the last day of finals.

If I mark "hold for degree," when will the transcript request be processed?

  • Your degree will be posted once all of your grades have been submitted and everything on your DPR is Satisfied.  The transcript request will be processed 1 - 2 business days after that. 

Will my transcript show my GPA in my major or minor?

  • No, however, if you need your GPA in your major or minor you can contact the Office of the Registrar at (715) 346-4301 or to get that information. If you are a current student, you can check your DPR in accesSPoint.

Does a transcript show courses and grades taken at other schools?

  • No, but it will show the school name and the total number of credits transferred in.

What if the address for where the transcripts are being sent is too long for the space provided?

If the address does not fit, try converting from 5 lines to 4. 

For example:

University of Wisconsin-Madison
Office of Admissions
Armory & Gymnasium
716 Langdon Street
Madison, WI 53706-1481

Should be changed to:

UW Madison-Admissions
Armory & Gymnasium
716 Langdon Street
Madison, WI 53706-1481

If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us: 
©1993- University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point