If you are interested in working for Police and Security Services, please fill out this application and background check form and turn them into Missy Pitcher.
Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org or 715-346-3456.
Student Service Officer Position Description
Basic Duties and Responsibilities:
The Student Service Officer is to provide effective foot, bike and motorized patrol of buildings, sidewalks and parking lots on university grounds and state property. The Student Service Officer is responsible for securing all campus buildings at the appropriate times and completes ProGuard routes. Additionally they assist University Police and Security Officers with emergency situations.
Student Service Officers may be assigned to provide security, traffic control, and parking enforcement for special tasks or events on campus. In the occurrence of a situation Student Service Officers may be required to complete incident reports, gold sheets, and or other written documents.
General direction and supervision of student service officers is preformed in accordance with the departmental chain of command.
- Must be a fulltime UWSP student, in good academic standings.
- Ability to read, write, and speak in an understandable, accurate and positive manner.
- Must be in good health able to perform vigorous activities. (Walking long distances, running, and self defense).
- Ability to listen and follow-through with supervisory directions.
- Possess initiative and the ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Must be able to work different shift periods including nights and weekends.
- Ability to render assistance, without judgment of individuals.
- Must be in good legal standing (No outstanding citations, no criminal record, UWSP Parking Citations, etc.)
- Ability to enforce parking rules and regulations impartially.
- Ability to work outdoors in inclement weather.