Student Laptop Checkout
The Service Desk offers laptops and carrying cases for a 1 week loan period to all
registered UWSP students.
Before requesting to check out a laptop, PLEASE REVIEW the following important guidelines:
- Student Check Out Laptops are checked out on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- You must present any photo ID at the time of check out.
Student Check Out Laptops are checked out for 1 week with 1 extension available for an additional week upon request.
extension is requested via by contacting the IT Service Desk via Phone, Email, or Walk-in before the due date.
Student Check Out Laptops may be used on-campus or off-campus.
You may install UWSP certified software from the Software Center or download software that is not provided by UWSP.
Laptops are wiped upon return. Be sure save all work on your UWSP OneDrive. We will not be able to recover your data once the device is wiped.
- $15 fine per business day if the equipment is not returned or renewed after the 1 week loan period.
- If your late fees add up to the replacement cost of the item, you will be billed that amount and the device is now yours.
Replacement and Repair Fees
- Service fee for missing parts: $15 plus cost of missing parts.
- Costs for repair of damages or replacement of missing parts will be billed to the student's account.
For questions, or help with hardware, software or connection problems, contact the
IT Service Desk.