The mission of the health promotion and wellness program is to provide high quality education and experiences to future professionals for placement in worksites around the nation, and to assist all UW-Stevens Point students, faculty and staff in understanding the process of developing a healthier lifestyle. It is also our intent to be consistently recognized as one of the finest undergraduate health promotion programs in the United States. This mission will be accomplished by:
- Attracting and mentoring academically capable and responsible students who are committed to becoming competent and contributing members of the health promotion and wellness profession.
- Providing quality health promotion and wellness course work, laboratories, practicums, seminars, consulting services and workshops for UWSP students and to practicing health promotion professionals.
- Providing an optimal wellness environment for students, faculty and staff through which academic excellence can be achieved.
- Encouraging further graduate study in the allied health professions.
- Enhancing interdisciplinary learning between health promotion and dietetics.
- Incorporating into our course work a wellness model which includes the following seven dimensions: social, physical, emotional, career, intellectual, environmental and spiritual.
Wellness is the dynamic process of becoming aware of and making choices toward a more positive balanced and healthy lifestyle. Health promotion progressively generates interest for the accomplishment and advancement of health. The mission of the health promotion and wellness and health enhancement programs is to train professionals who understand wellness and health promotion and can deliver sound programs. It is our intent to be consistently recognized as one of the finest undergraduate programs in the nation.