For civil disturbances that could threaten safety or property, the below procedures should be followed.
- Keep calm. Resistance may only increase the destruction of property and a threat to bodily harm.
- Do not confront demonstrators.
- Call University Police at 715-346-3456 or 9-1-1 if immediate threat to safety. Provide the following information:
- Location (building, floor, room, entrance, etc.).
- Approximate number of leaders.
- Description of person(s) causing the disturbance.
- Size of group.
- Obvious objective or demand of group.
- Describe if group is rational, organized, violent, etc.
- If possible, continue with your normal work schedule until University Police arrive. If your safety is threatened, evacuate affected area.
- When law enforcement arrives, provide them with an update. Follow their instructions.