General Education Committee (GEC)
Chair: Samantha Kaplan, 2022-2023, email@example.com. Please check here for committee membership. (Committee memberships are listed by acronym at the bottom of this Excel Workbook. Requires a logon.)
General Education Program (GEP) website (visit page for forms and process for submitting a course for GE designation)
Scope and Authority: The General Education Committee (GEC) has the authority to recommend to the Common Council policies pertaining to the General Education Program (GEP) and to determine such policies subject to review by the Common Council-Faculty Senate, in such matters as the following:
- Oversight of the GEP in accordance with the education aims of the university and the criteria to meet those aims.
- Designation of courses meeting general education learning outcomes and establishing the procedures for assessing those outcomes.
- Recommend policy pertaining to test-out procedures for the GEP curriculum.
- Gathering assessment evidence regarding the GEP.
- Evaluating assessment data and making recommendations to improve the GEP to the Common Council and appropriate administrative units.