You may earn a Master of Science Degree in Natural Resources from the College of
Natural Resource (CNR), and choose an emphasis from a variety of areas
such as: forestry, wildlife, fisheries, water, human dimensions of natural resource management, environmental education, soil science, and waste
management. The Graduate Program offers many opportunities for
advanced study, research, and involvement in natural resource professional
activities. All of our programs are designed to meet your individual needs and
Admission to the CNR Graduate Program requires you to recruit a member of
the College's graduate faculty to agree to serve as your adviser. You are responsible for contacting faculty members in your area of interest to
discuss your application. When a faculty member agrees to be your adviser, you
will receive a letter of acceptance to the CNR Graduate Program.
Click here for available
Graduate School Assistantships
College of Natural Resources Application Requirements:
- Essay describing your professional interests and goals
- Copy of a paper written by you
- Two letters of recommendation (letter or this form will be acceptable)
TOEFL or IELTS (international students only)**
For the TOEFL, you must have a score of at least 587 on the paper-based
test, 240 on the computer-based test, or 94 on the Internet-based test
- For the IELT, you must have a score of at least 7
7. Obtained at least a 3.00-grade point average** during your last two undergraduate years
8. UWSP graduate school application
- Items 1-4 may be e-mailed directly to Sharon Reichert email@example.com or mailed to Graduate Coordinator, CNR Main Office, TNR 100, College of Natural Resources, University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point, Stevens Point, WI 54481.
- Item 5, recommendation letters/forms, may be e-mailed directly to Sharon Reichert by their authors (not by student applicants) or mailed to Graduate Coordinator, CNR Main Office, TNR 100, College of Natural Resources, University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point, Stevens Point, WI 54481.
- Items 6 (international students only) exams must be taken by students through ets.org or ielts.org and the applicant must request official scores be sent to UW-Stevens Point.
- Item 8, UWSP Graduate Application, is filed through the Admissions Office and includes the UWSP graduate application form, application fee, and official transcripts. International students must apply through International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS). Once the UWSP portion of the graduate application is complete, those items will be forwarded to our office from Admissions or ISSS.
- The application deadline for fall is June 15, and the spring deadline is November 1.
**If you fail to meet the minimum requirements for the grade point average or TOEFL/IELT scores, you may be accepted if your prospective
adviser submits a minimum requirement waiver request to the Associate Dean and receives approval.