Main Campus Library Information during Relocation

  • The Library's main service points are now located on the first floor of the Collins Classroom Center (CCC).
    • Main Circulation Desk (book check-out and return, Course Reserves): CCC 130
    • Reference Desk: CCC 104
    • Computer workstation access and other study spaces: CCC 104, 126, 130, 328, 330, 334.
  • University Archives is in Room 110 in the Trainer Natural Resources (TNR) building. For more information, check their page out here.
  • The Library's physical collections are stored off campus. Patrons can request physical materials be delivered to campus through a LOCAL REQUEST 

Where do I return my books?

  • Library items can be dropped off in the book drop located outside the CCC on the south side (next to Lot E).
  • Patrons can also return Library items inside the CCC in Room 130 during our posted hours of operation.

How do I get in touch with a Reference Librarian?

How do I know where the book I want is located?

  • In Search@UW the library search results will show either "Available at…" or "Request this item."
  • Items located on-campus: You will see a room number such as "CCC 130." You will be able to visit the service desk in that location to check it out.
  • Items listed as "Off-Campus Location": You can request that item to be placed on a hold. See "How do I get a book that's located off-campus?" below.
  • Items with the note "Ask Library staff for help": These need special permission, supervision, or equipment to use or view. Contact Library Circulation or Reference staff by email or phone for help!

How do I get a book that's located off-campus?

  • If you search for an item that is available but listed in "Off-Campus Location", place a hold to request it be delivered to campus for pickup.
  • Click the title or "Available at…" link. Then in the "Get It" section, select "Local Request." You may need to sign in first.
  • Choose your preferred Pickup Location and select "Send Request!"
  • You will receive an email when your item is available for checkout at your selected location.

Where are the Reserves for my class?

  • Course Reserves are located on the first floor of the CCC in room 130.

How can I browse the collection? What if I want to browse/explore resources on a specific topic (e.g., Children's books, plays, music scores)?

  • Library users will not be able to access off-campus library collections to browse resources. However, there are some options to help facilitate the browsing experience. Contact a Reference Librarian for assistance.
    • Use the "Virtual Browse" tool found towards the bottom of each Search@UW record for print books in our collection.
    • Consult our "Featured Collections" to browse for commonly requested items such as playsnew children's booksgraphic novels, and more. Don't see a featured collection on your topic? Consult with a Reference Librarian to learn more.
    • For specific research assignments, work with a Reference Librarian to develop a small collection on a specific topic that students can browse in the CCC. For example, students need to find a book about the history of ceramics.

Should I keep books I want my students to use in my office?

  • No, that isn't necessary.
    • Library materials that you would like your students to use for a class can be placed on Course Reserves and will be available on campus in CCC 130 during regular library hours.

Can I reserve a study room?

  • There are not currently reservable study rooms. Contact the Circulation Desk ( or 715-346-2540) to inquire about alternative options or search for a space here.

Can community visitors still use the library?

  • Services are currently limited and community visitors are encouraged to contact the Reference Desk ( or 715-346-2836) before visiting.