Internships and Off-Campus Jobs
Social Media, Photography, Video Intern - Marshfield Hub City Times and Wisconsin Rapids City Times
The Marshfield Hub City Times and Wisconsin Rapids City Times seeks an intern to work with photography and video content, as well as social media communications. Experience is not necessary. The position is open to any post-secondary student, but is ideal for marketing and communications majors. On-the-job training will be provided. The ideal candidate will provide creative input. Please contact Editor Kris Leonhardt at 715-223-5959 or email@example.com if interested.
Marketing Intern (Internship) - Northstar Hydrographic Supply
Northstar Hydrographic Supply (NHS) and NEWLIMBITS are looking for an enthusiastic, entrepreneurial minded marketing intern with creative ideas, to join our team and help achieve our goals.
NHS develops, manufactures and distributes water transfer film (hydrographic film) and related supplies to the outdoor and automotive industries (think Mathew’s Archery and the Fast & Furious franchise!).
Similarly, NEWLIMBITS develops, manufactures and distributes heat transfer paper to the orthotic and prosthetic (medical) industry; known for our fun pediatric designs and life-like skin tone papers.
We’re offering flexible hours, with the opportunity to work remotely part-time. This is an unpaid internship. Inquire for details.
Main Duties and Tasks
- Contribute to website management
- Create content for company social media accounts, and organize cross-platform content strategies
- Monitor social media channels for trending news and ideas; and capitalize on those trends through company social media accounts
- Perform market analysis and research on competition
- Help prepare and distribute marketing materials (flyers, sample packs, etc.)
- Organize marketing events
- Prepare promotional presentations
- Support the team in daily administrative tasks and with order fulfillment, as needed
Skills and Requirements
- Must be enrolled in a university or college, in a related field
- Experience with and understanding of social media platforms
- Familiarity with marketing computer software and online applications (i.e. Wix, online analytics and Google Adwords)
- Ability to multi-task and take initiative
- Hardworking and dedicated outlook
- Ability to take direction and absorb information quickly
- Experience with content creation a plus, even if not professionally
- Contact: Sarah Berndt at 507-676-1236 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Communication/Marketing Intern - National Farm Medicine Center, Marshfield Clinic Research Foundation
Company: National Farm Medicine Center, Marshfield Clinic Research Foundation http://www3.marshfieldclinic.org/nfmc/. The Farm Center conducts research, delivers health and safety information, and uses innovative service models to improve human health and safety in agriculture. The student will be mentored by the Farm Center’s Communications Specialist, but could interact with any of the Center’s dozen scientists and staff.
Possible tasks: Depending on the student’s interests and skills, he/she could engage in activities such as:
- Enhance Farm Center news releases with multi-media.
- Plan and launch an Instagram presence for the Farm Center.
- Conduct “social listening” to measure impact of the Center’s social media efforts; identify “opinion leaders” and optimize our “follower – following ratio”
- Plan and initiate a year-long calendar of posts for the center’s established social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube).
- Produce and post videos on the Farm Center’s YouTube channel.
- Produce written content for various platforms.
- Work on our Technical Assistance database (inputting, culling, managing)
- Participate in planning and staffing Farm Center outreach events in Wisconsin.
- Skills: The successful candidate will possess at least a couple of the following skills -- Photoshop, basic video editing, Google analytics, photography, journalistic reporting/writing, MS Excel, search engine optimization, Web page content management, project management.
An office and computer access will be available at the National Farm Medicine Center, Laird Building, however the student may work remotely.
Contact: If interested, please email a cover letter, resume, links to your social media accounts and links to 3-4 samples of your print and/or digital work to: Scott Heiberger, Communications Specialist, National Farm Medicine Center, email@example.com. Questions? Email or contact Scott at 715-389-7541 (office), 715-207-1604 (cell).
Management Internship (Marshfield)
Internships at The Borgen Project
The Borgen Project believes that leaders of the most powerful nation on earth should be doing more to address global poverty. We’re the innovative, national campaign that is working to make poverty a focus of U.S. foreign policy. The Borgen Project is located in Seattle, WA but these are all telecommuting internships!
Internships include Journalism, HR, Political Affairs, PR Marketing, and more!
Learn more about available internships here.
Job Title: Management Internship (Marshfield)
The first position available is a shipping and order coordinator in our cheese company. Students will work with USPS, UPS and trucking companies to fill orders and coordinate pick-ups. This position is available immediately. This is a full time, on-site position.
The second position is a marketing manager. Students will work with our brand and need to have a good understanding of social media, advertising and some graphic design is desired, but not required. This position can be filled immediately. This is part-time to full time position and can be split between on-site and remote.
Both postions can be paid internships or full time positions for interested parties.
Apply at our website: www.mariekegouda.com
OR contact: Kim Rabuck, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 (715) 669-5230
Start building your retail career with Menards.
Are you looking to start an exciting and rewarding career in Retail Management with a growing company? Our Management Internship is a paid, hands-on training program designed to develop and prepare you for the world of Retail Management.
As you progress through the 12-week Management Internship program, your General Management team, Department Managers, and Store Team Members will work alongside you to develop your understanding of our business and help prepare you to take on a management role in the near future! This is a paid part-time position that will have the opportunity to develop stronger organizational, Communication and time management skills as well as the opportunity to gain hands-on management experience.
Endless Career Advancement Opportunities
Menards success relies on our promote from within culture that is filled with home grown leaders. Menards has 330+ store locations, Corporate office, Manufacturing Facilities, and Distribution Centers that provide a variety of endless career advancement opportunities within Menards.
Dedicated to You
Make Big Money at Menards! We offer competitive wages and great benefits to our Team Members!
- Competitive Wages
- Extra $4.00 per hour for all hours worked through 7/3/2021
- Friendly Work Environment
- Advancement Opportunities
- Flexible Scheduling
- Strong Benefits Package
- Profit Sharing bonus
- Store Discount
- Must be a College or University Senior or Junior within 3 semesters of graduation.
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in a Business-related field of study.
Contact: 2116 N. Central Ave, Marshfield, WI
715-384-1730 Janel Swoboda Human Resources Coordinator
Community Connections Team - Community Health Worker Volunteers
What is Community Connections Team? A program that goes beyond the walls of the health care clinic and helps patients connect with community resources to meet their basic needs including: caregiver support, childcare, clothing, dental care, food assistance, fuel/utility costs, job search, health care costs, housing, medication costs and transportation.
What do Community Health Workers (student and community volunteers) do? Work side-by-side with patients to prioritize basic needs, locate and connect patients with community resources to be healthy and provide follow-up to assure patients are connected with the correct resources.
Get Involved Today: visit www.volunteerwisconsin.org.
For more information contact: Marshfield Clinic Healthy System, Center for Community Health Advancement. Email: email@example.com or 1-800-782-8581, ext. 1-8400.
Marshfield Child Advocacy Center - Volunteers
The Marshfield Child Advocacy Center is seeking individuals ready to learn, have fun, and make a difference in the lives of individuals. No previous experience is necessary, just a desire to learn and make a difference. Our highest need is for volunteers to provide childcare when the child's parents/guardians are meeting with providers. Other possibilities for volunteering includes, but is not limited to; social media, administrative tasks, assistance with child abuse prevention and awareness campaigns, and volunteer recruitment. We are wiling to tailor the volunteer experience to meet the interests, skills, and needs of the volunteer.
If you are interested or have any questions, please email Rachel Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her office at 715-221-5120 between the hours of 8am and 5pm.
Are you a local employer?
Post your job with us by contacting the Student Affairs/Solution Center at 715-389-6530 or email@example.com.