UW Resource Sharing
What is UW Resource Sharing?
- UW Resource Sharing enables UWSP users to borrow materials from other UW System campus libraries and receive them in 2-3 working days.
- Pointers may use their UWSP identification cards to check out materials from other UW System libraries.
Items Available Through UW Resource Sharing
UWSP students, staff and faculty may borrow books, most IMC items, and government documents. Some types of items such as periodicals, articles, reference, and reserve materials will not be available. Use
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) for articles and other materials not available through Resource Sharing.
Making Requests Through Search@UW
If UWSP does not own an item or if the item is checked out, you may request it using Resource Sharing.
- Look for the item in UWSP Library's search bar
- If UWSP does not own the item, select
Books & Media (UW System) in the search bar dropdown menu.
- Enter the item's title in the search bar and click
- If the item is available at another UW System campus library or if UWSP's copy is checked out, click the
Get It link directly below the item.
- Sign in with your UWSP username and password or with your UWSP identification number and last name (look for Sign-in for more options").
- Select UW Request. A form will appear. Review information to ensure this is the proper item.
- Make sure the
Pickup Library is set to your correct campus library (Marshfield, Stevens Point, Wausau).
- Click the Request button.
Item Notification and Pickup
You will be notified of the arrival of your requested items by email. The item will be held for you at your campus Library
Circulation Desk. You will have seven days to pick up your requested items.
Checking Your Patron Record/Due Dates
You can check the status of your requests by selecting My Account located at the top of the Search@UW page. Students are allowed two renewals and must renew from your patron record.
UW System library materials may be returned to any UW System library.
Problems or Questions
Contact Carrie Kline (715-346-4214)