Ed.D. in Educational Sustainability: Student Forms
I. Dissertation Chair and Committee Selection Process:
When you are ready to select your dissertation chair or committee members please email the Graduate Office and provide the full name and email address for your selection. The Graduate Office will follow up by routing the appropriate selection form through DocuSign to collect the required signatures. An example of this form is provided below.
- Supervisory Committee Selection form PDF | Word
Once signatures are collected your chair or committee members will be approved by the graduate faculty in SOE. Upon approval your chair or committee members will receive a letter appointing them to their position and the necessary hiring paperwork. Any questions on this process of the current status of your chair or committee can be directed to the Graduate Office.
If at anytime you are requesting a change to your committee please email the Graduate Office with the full name and email address for all changes to your committee. Paperwork to process this change will be routed through DocuSign to collect the required approval and signatures. An example of the form is provided below.
- Committee Change Request form PDF | Word
II. Prospectus Defense & Proposal Approval Process:
If you are planning to present your Prospectus Defense outside of the Summer Residency/EDSU 919 please complete the below announcement template and email completed template to the Graduate Office.
- Prospectus Announcement Template PDF | Word (only required if not presenting Dissertation Prospectus at Summer Residency)
Upon completion of your Prospectus Defense and Proposal Approval please contact the Graduate Office
to start the Results process. In your email please include the full name and email address for all of your committee members and dissertation chair. The results form will then be routed by the Graduate Office through DocuSign to collect all required information and signatures. An example of this form is provided below.
- Prospectus Defense & Proposal Approval Results PDF
Your proposal approval is a separate process from your prospectus presentation. When your committee Chair approves a defense draft of the first three chapters of your dissertation, you must schedule a private meeting with your full committee. This meeting is to discuss your proposed research project, and should be conducted before IRB approval to reduce modifications. Your committee will have feedback for revisions, but how those comments and suggestions are recorded is within the purview of the student and committee.
III. Dissertation Defense Process:
When you are ready to defend your dissertation please complete the template below and email the completed template to the Graduate Office. This will then be forwarded to CPS Marketing and a formal announcement will be created. A proof will be shared with you and the Ed.D. admin team before made public.
- Dissertation Announcement Template PDF | Word
Upon completion of your Dissertation Defense please contact the Graduate Office
to start the Dissertation Defense Results process. In your email please include the full name and email address for all of your committee members and dissertation chair. The results form will then be routed by the Graduate Office through DocuSign to collect all required information and signatures. An example of this form is provided below.
- Dissertation Defense Results PDF | Word
IV. Dissertation submission process:
- Graduate students will now submit their thesis/dissertation directly to Proquest via their EDT portal.
- After the form has been submitted there is an option to have form results emailed to the student, or their department contact, as an immediate confirmation receipt. The library will follow up with a formal confirmation email when we have received and processed the document
- Students will no longer be required to submit a physical copy or pay for the binding of the library's bound copy. The library will absorb this cost.
- Melissa Bailey (firstname.lastname@example.org) will serve as the new library contact for any questions about submitting thesis/dissertations electronically.
(process updated 1/29/2021)
V. Program Plan forms and information
Required course materials such as textbooks are dependent on the teaching faculty member and individual course, we keep a running list of most recent required textbooks here, but if you have further questions please contact your course instructor directly.
- Leadership: Theory and Practice/ Edition 8 by Peter G. Northouse ($85 NEW, $60 USED, E-book $20)
- Research Design: Quantitative, and Mixed Methods Approaches/ Edition 5 by John W. Creswell & David Creswell ($60 NEW, $48 USED, E-book $20)
Planning Programs for
Adult Learners by Sandra Ratcliff
Daffron and Rosemary S. Caffarella, Fourth Edition. The publisher is
Jossey-Bass and copyright date is 2021. There is a paperback, PDF and
electronic version of the text, and students can choose whichever format they
- Onwuegbuzie, A. & Frels, R. (2016). Seven steps to a comprehensive literature review. SAGE (about $30; e-book available).
- American Psychological Association. (2020). Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (7th ed.) ($20 in paper; $32 as e-book).
- Burke, P. & Jimenez Soffa, S. (2018). The elements of inquiry. Routledge. (free e-book on UWSP LibGuide
- Creswell, J. W. & Creswell, J. D. (2018). Research design (5th ed.) SAGE (~$50 in paperback; $38 as e-book).
- Foss, S. (2007). Destination dissertation: A traveler's guide to a done dissertation. Rowman & Littlefield ($20 in paperback or e-book)
- No textbook or required purchase
Networking and disseminating your research is a fundamental part of any doctoral experience. We think it is essential that every student have the opportunity to present at a conference, therefore we want to provide supplemental funding for these experiences. We will provide reimbursement for conference registration fees only (no travel or lodging) up to $900/student/conference.
We will select the students we are reimbursing based on:
1. Applicability of the conference to educational sustainability
2. Accepted presentation that is connected to educational sustainability
3. Opportunity to promote the UWSP educational sustainability program
4. Cost of registration fee
5. Number of conferences we have supported for that student in the past. We want to give everyone a chance at funding sometime over their 3-4 years in the program, that means that we need to limit how frequently we fund any one student and we must consider the cost of each conference to maximize the number we can support.
6. Approved Travel Request Form
To submit your request for funding please complete these steps:
2.) Complete and submit the appropriate UWSP Travel Request Form:
Once approved by the EdD Program and University, please follow the below steps to seek conference registration reimbursement:
1.) Create a UWSP Non-Employee Profile by completing this Request Form. Please list Emily Wahlquist as your UWSP contact name. You will need the fund, program, and acct. code to complete this step. If you do not have this information please contact the SOE Graduate Office email@example.com
Once we run out of conference funding for the year, we will announce it in an email. We have a limited amount of funding each year, so please apply early to increase your chance at funding.