Most concerts will be livestreamed from Michelsen Hall for the benefit of family and friends.
Honors Recitals celebrate excellence at all levels. Whether you are a Book 1 student or are beyon the Suzuki repertoire, we invite you to audition. In order to be selected to perform on an Honors Recital, students should complete the ASI Honors Recital Form and follow these guidelines:
- Audition recordings should be submitted as an .mp4 file and uploaded to a YouTube link, and should be recorded between April 1 and June 15, 2022. Keep in mind that your recording will be evaluated by a committee. You should play a piece that demonstrates your finest posture, tone, technique, musical tempo and expression. The student must perform the same piece on both the audition video and the Honors Recital.
- Piano accompaniment is recommended where indicated for instrumentalists and vocalists. The CD piano accompaniment is acceptable.
- All audition videos should be reviewed by the home teacher prior to submission.
- Performances should represent the most polished level, not necessarily the most advanced piece.
- Performances should be from memory.
- The deadline for the submission of the solo recital audition recordings is June 15, 2022. Please complete the Google Form and include your YouTube link. YouTube settings must be "Not For Children." This process is essential in order for your video to be reviewed. Late recordings will not be considered.
- All applicants will receive an email notice to indicate if they have been selected to perform on an Honors Recital by July 10, 2022
- The decision of the committee is final.
Chamber Music Recital
- Thursday evening during week two.
- Advanced students enrolled in the Chamber Music
Program will perform the chamber pieces they have learned and prepared
during their stay at ASI.
- Festival concerts are large group performances.
- All students participate in the festival concert for their instrument area.
- Daily repertoire classes prepare students for the festival concerts.
- ASI alumni and teacher trainees are invited to participate in the festival concert for their instrument.
- Check out the Repertoire Review Lists on the dropdown list below so you can prepare for concerts and group classes.
- Held throughout the day on Friday.
Guest Artist Recital
- On Tuesday each week ASI faculty will present a recital.
- This performance is free and open to the public and allows students, parents, teachers, and
the public to hear the ASI faculty perform. Come and be inspired by performances of our talented faculty!
- On Monday each week ASI invites one or more guest artists to perform a recital.
- These artists are usually ASI alumni, teachers, or teacher
trainers that have built extensive performing careers, often holding
positions with major symphonies around the country, and performing as
soloists or chamber musicians frequently. These are recitals you won’t
want to miss!