Admission to Cohort 6 for summer 2022 is closed.
Cohort 7 Dates:
Application Open: Sept. 1, 2022-Jan. 12, 2023
Application Review and Interviews: Jan. 24-March 3, 2023
Program Begins: June 2023
Welcome to the Admissions Process!
- Completion of a master's degree from a regionally accredited college or university at time of orientation
- Life and/or professional experience related to educational sustainability
- Evidence of self-direction
- Previous relevant academic experience to area of interest
- Proficient writing skills
- Comfortable with learning online and technology
apply to the Ed.D. in Educational Sustainability at UW-Stevens Point, first complete the graduate application through the
UW System website. Once your completed application (required to include all official post-secondary transcripts) is received by the UW-Stevens Point
Admissions Office, you will receive notice from the Admissions Office stating your application has been received and will be forwarded to the School of Education.
- Once you receive this notification from admissions, send all post-secondary transcripts to the
Admissions Office. A master's degree is required by the time you begin orientation. All official post-secondary transcripts are
required. Follow up with the Admissions Office until confirmed receipt of all transcripts.
- Submit a 1,200-1,500-word letter of intent addressing the following questions:
- Given the sustainability challenges we face in the world, choose one area you foresee yourself studying, researching or acting on in this degree program?
- What are your life and/or professional experiences related to your potential area of study and how do you envision the field of Educational Sustainability will advance or support your life and/or career goals?
- Describe your readiness and strengths you will bring to a cohort-based, interactive online learning environment.
- Submit a current resume or curriculum vita (CV).
copy of transcripts (you will also send official transcripts to Office of Admissions). The copy will allow us a complete package for the admissions committee.
- Submit name, phone, and email address of THREE references who can speak to your capabilities as a doctoral student.
Please submit all admissions materials (other than the UW System Application) all
at the same time as one packet, electronically to
PDFs are preferred. Applications will be reviewed in 3 batches assuming seats remain open. Incomplete applications will not be considered for admissions. If you are missing information, you will receive a notice from our office. Admissions is rolling until the final late admissions deadline which means you can apply at any time until the deadline. If it is received after the deadline, your application will roll over to the subsequent cohort admissions.
The Ed.D. in Educational Sustainability is a low-residency (4-5 days), online, cohort-based learning program. The low residency is held in the summer. The location may be UWSP and/or at an alternative location. Cost for residency room and board is already included in program tuition therefore these are no additional fees.
Residency is required for each year of enrollment in the program. Our accreditation is approved with these residencies; therefore, it is mandatory per accreditation guidelines that students meet these requirements. For first year-students, it you are unable to attend, you may request to defer enrollment for the subsequent year. After the first year, exceptions to this policy will be considered on a case-by-case basis and
only for extenuating circumstances. In this event, an alternative experience is required to meet the program learning outcomes.
The 2021 residency will take place the week of June 20-24, 2022.