Graduate Student Scholarships and Financial Assistance

Financial assistance is available through several sources for students pursuing their Master's in Education at UW-Stevens Point. Below are two options for financial assistance but students can also apply for loans through FASFA or inquire with their schools district or county to see if they provide any scholarships or financial support.


Graduate students can find scholarships through the School of Education Scholarships Page. Applications typically open between January and February and can be applied for online. Below is a list of scholarships that graduate students could qualify for from the School of Education.
  • The Belongia Family Scholarship
  • Esther L. Berndet Reading Specialist Scholarship
  • John Bernd Scholarship
  • Amborse & Evelyn Budzynski Scholarship
  • Central Wisconsin Educators Scholarship
  • Kelly Garr Dawley Memorial Scholarship
  • Lenice Christine Merrill Eskritt Scholarship
  • Evelyn M. & Keith F. Lea Memorial Scholarship
  • Craig and Carol LaCascio Scholarship
  • Franklin H. Pearson Memorial Scholarship
  • Dustin Proefrock Memorial Scholarship
  • Regnier Family Scholarship
  • School of education (SOE) Alumni Scholarship
  • Vance Family Memorial Scholarship
UW-Stevens Point also offers the Advanced Opportunity Program Fellowship (AOP). Visit the AOP Grant Page for more information.

Another opportunity that graduate students may qualify for is through the State of Wisconsin Higher Educational Aids Board.

Under the Teacher Loan Forgiveness Program, if you teach full-time for five complete and consecutive academic years in a low-income school or educational service agency, and meet other qualifications, you may be eligible for forgiveness of up to $17,500 on your Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans and your Subsidized and Unsubsidized Federal Stafford Loans.

Graduate Assistantships

Each year the School of Education offers a limited number of graduate assistantships. Details about these can be located on the following Graduate Assistantship Information Sheet.

Fee Waivers for Out-of-State Students

If you are a nonresident graduate student with at least a one-half full-time equivalent position for the academic year, you qualify for out-of-state fee remission. If funds are available to the university for this purpose, your college dean may grant the remission based on the description of duties in the assistantship or fellowship contract. The fee waiver is NOT automatic. You must indicate to your department that you believe you are eligible for the out-of-state fee waiver.

Student Research Fund

The Student Research Fund provides graduate students with funds to help defray research expenses that are required for their master’s degree. If your degree program requires research or if you choose a research option in your program, you are eligible to apply for a grant from this fund.

Your graduate adviser must certify that:
  • The research project is required for graduation.
  • You are making satisfactory degree progress.
  • The funds are necessary to complete the research.
Proposal deadlines occur twice each semester. Contact the Grant Support Office at 715-346-2632 for application forms. A review committee screens the grant applications and makes award recommendations.

Financial Aid

Graduate students may qualify for financial aid in the form of work-study or direct loans. Visit the Financial Aid for Graduate Students page for more information.


Graduate Programs
Master's Degree in Education
Ed.D. in Educational Sustainability
Add-On Teaching Licenses
Accelerated Teacher Certifications
Apply to the Master's or Add-On Programs
Financial Assistance
Current Student Resources