Alexander H. Reeder Memorial Fund
The Alexander H. Reeder Memorial Fund awards an annual scholarship to an ROTC cadet in honor of Alexander H. Reeder, who passed away in 2014. The selected recipient will be a Cadet who best exemplifies balanced strength in the areas of scholarship, athletics and leadership, and who passionately supports “the team.” These are all characteristics that Alex will be remembered for.
In the News:
Army ROTC Scholarships
Benefits of joining ROTC:
- ROTC scholarships pay for tuition and fees, up to $20,000 annually.
- Current UWSP tuition for Wisconsin residents is $6,199.66/year.
- Recipients may choose to apply the scholarship towards room and board.
- ROTC pays a monthly tax free stipend for all contracted members.
- Freshmen - $300
- Sophomores - $350
- Juniors - $450
- Seniors - $500
- ROTC pays a book payment of $1,200/annually.
- ROTC adds a $350/month Kicker to GI Bill Payments—for prior military service members.
- Commissioned Lieutenants have the option of joining the Active Duty, National Guard or Reserve forces after graduation.
- Currently new Lieutenants earn around $46,000 a year with Basic Allowances.
- Other benefits may also be available, including a $10,000 bonus.
How do I apply and qualify for a Scholarship?
- Minimum of a 2.5 GPA and 19 ACT or higher
- Complete a Medical Screening.
- Have good strength and endurance.
- Have the willingness to serve as an Army Leader after college.
- Go to www.goarmy.com/rotc to apply online for the high school scholarship.
We invite all interested students to experience a Military Science
class and see what it is all about (taking a class requires no
commitment to the program).
If you would like scholarship or enrollment information about the ROTC program contact our main office at 715-346-3821 or by email at email@example.com.