Study performing arts at the UW-Stevens Point Department of Theatre and Dance
UW-Stevens Point offers five theatre and
dance degree tracks, including three highly competitive conservatory-styled BFA
programs in Musical Theatre, Acting and Design & Technology. In addition,
we offer two liberal arts degrees: the BA Dance major and minor, with
coursework in ballet, modern, jazz, tap and theoretical studies, and the BA
Drama major, which allows students to study multiple focused areas such as
dramaturgy, directing, design, and acting. These excellent
academic and production programs have established UW-Stevens Point as a primary
undergraduate center in Wisconsin for students interested in the performing
Our alumni are working in all areas of the
- Film & Television
- Regional Theatres
- National & International Tours and Stages
- Studio Owners and Entrepreneurs
Admission to all Theatre and Dance
programs is by audition/interview only.
The Department of Theatre and Dance offers the following:
- Drama (Bachelor of Arts): Offers opportunities to students with a passion for theatre who desire to direct, manage and write.
- Acting (Bachelor of Fine Arts): A comprehensive, conservatory-style training in stage and screen acting for the student interested in a performance career.
- Pilates Certification: Our program, like those of other leaders in the Pilates industry, offers an assessment-based certificate of completion based on the recommendations of the nationally recognized Pilates Method Alliance (PMA).
Wherever you want to go after graduating, we can help you get there. Our faculty work professionally as directors, dancers, playwrights, choreographers, actors and designers and through their experience and dedication help ensure our students are successful. Graduate school is an option you may choose, especially for certain career paths, and is essential for advanced placement in academic fields.