Placement Testing (online)
Incoming UWSP Freshmen
UW Stevens Point as a new student! All
incoming freshman admitted to UW Stevens Point are required to complete
placement tests in Math and English.
Depending on your course of study you may also be required to take an
exam in a Foreign Language. These tests
are designed to place you in the most appropriate college level courses. Testing must be completed before you can
register for classes. Retakes are
available in Math and English if needed.
If you are admitted to UW Stevens Point for the fall semester, you will receive information about your testing options beginning in February or soon after your admittance.
There is a $35.00 placement test fee that will be charged to your UWSP Fall billing statement for Freshmen.
To request accommodations due to a disability on the University of Wisconsin placement tests, plese follow these instructions:
DO NOT REGISTER for the placement tests online until you have emailed the information below and received a response from our office. Email the following information to Tim O'Connor at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email address that you will use for placement testing registration.
- Date of birth
- Campus you are planning to attend.
- Accommodations being requested
- Documentation verifying the disability and need for the accommodations. This should be either a letter on High School letterhead from your counselor or someone else at the school familiar with your accommodations stating what those accommodations have been for tests such as the ACT or a current 504 plan or IEP (Individualized Education Plan). The 504 Plan or IEP must be from within the last three years.
- Verify which tests you are advised to take.
- Once you know which tests you need to take, you will need your UW Stevens Point campus login to access the registration form. If you have not already set up you campus login, you will need to contact the UW Stevens Point Help Desk at 715-346-4357 for assistance.
- You will need to use your campus login (username & password) to login and register for all the exams you need. Once registered, you should receive an email from Scantron, the company who delivers the exams, with your exam login information within 2 business days.
- Complete all exams at least 2 weeks prior to your advising appointment to ensure scores are received in time.
- If you believe you may be exempt from taking the UW-System Placement Exams you must contact academic advising at 715-346-3226.
- If you lose or cannot remember your login information from Scantron, you will need to contact the Madison Placement Testing office at 608-262-5863.
- You can do the tests on a desktop computer, laptop or tablet. A phone is not recommended.
- The exams are available on-demand and you do not need to complete all of your exams in 1 sitting. You are provided 90 minutes each for math & english and 60 minutes for World Languages. You may take a break between tests, but not during a test, as the timer will continue running. Upon completing a test, you must submit the exam in order for us to receive your scores. Failure to submit you answers could result in a delay of transmission of these scores and the opportunity to schedule your academic advising appointment.
- If you experience technical difficulties during the test, Scantron customer support contact information can be found in the email sent from "email@example.com" which you will receive upon completing registration. Staff will be available Monday through Thursday from 8:30am to 8pm Eastern Time, Friday from 8:30 to 5:30pm Eastern Time and Saturday from 8:30am to 4pm Eastern time, excluding holidays. Voicemail will accept student inquiries outside of these business hours.
- Your scores will be shared with you during your academic advising appointment.