Celebrate 50 Years with Us!
Virtual Jubilee Day - Saturday, July 24, 2021
Free Online Events for Students, Teachers, Teacher Workshop Participants, and Alumni
(You must register to receive links)
Events are scheduled from 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm CDT
- 3:00-4:15 pm - Fireside Chats with teachers and alumni from all 5 decades. Hosted by Jenny Burton and moderated by Kay Collier McLaughlin.
- 4:30 pm - Jubilee Virtual Orchestra Concert
- 4:45-5:45 pm - Special Guest Artist James Ehnes - performance and Q & A
- 6:00 pm - ASI Sundial Social Hour and Reunion (time approximate after the concert) - Put on your favorite ASI t-shirt, grab some snacks and drinks, and join us online as we reconnect and meet new friends. Hosted by Pat D'Ercole.
Join us for any or all of the day's online events. In the Fireside Chats, hear the stories of 15 faculty and alumni who span all 5 decades of ASI history. Share your own stories and be a part of our pop quizzes during the Sundial Social. Be inspired by our guest artists, James Ehnes and Andrew Armstrong. Hear a short concert by the ASI Jubilee Orchestra. Better yet, be a part of the entire day!
“The wondrous James Ehnes, a thinker of the violin as well as a supreme virtuoso of the instrument ... an artist of the first order.”
The Daily Telegraph
ASI Jubilee Virtual Orchestras
Teachers, Students, Teacher Workshop Participants, and Alumni are encouraged to participate
Alumni, dust off your instruments and join students and faculty in our Jubilee Virtual Orchestra!
Then follow the steps below:
- Get your Guidelines for Recording for the Virtual Orchestra
- Download the part and the play-along track (link below).
- Practice your part with the play-along track.
- Record yourself playing the part with the play-along track (as in the guidelines).
- Upload your recording using the piece-specific links below.
- We encourage you to play in both orchestras, but it is not required.
When you are done, upload your recorded videos here:
Uploaded videos are due on June 29, 2021 (extended to July 3)