UW-Stevens Point Phi Kappa Phi Chapter 245
The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi recognizes and encourages superior scholarship in all academic disciplines. To stimulate others to strive for excellence, we recognize and honor those persons of good character who have excelled in scholarship.
- Phi Kappa Phi is an honor society, not an honorary society or fraternity. Membership is earned; it is a true honor.
- Members of Phi Kappa Phi are often preferred candidates for grants, scholarships, and fellowships from institutions where they may continue their education or do research. When they seek jobs, they find their Phi Kappa Phi membership is widely accepted as an indicator of academic ability and motivation.
- Because it draws members from all colleges within UW-Stevens Point, our chapter of Phi Kappa Phi is a unifying force, bringing together individuals from all disciplines and promoting the intellectual life of our campus community.
- Phi Kappa Phi provides for the association of kindred spirits--kindred in the sense of having integrity of character and the highest ideals, as well as an abiding love of learning.
Did You Receive a Membership Invitation?
Congratulations on earning an invitation to membership in The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi! It means that you are among the very best and brightest that our University has to offer--not just in your chosen field of study, but among all academic disciplines.
The Honor Society of The Kappa Phi is the nation's oldest and most selective all-disciple honor society. Standards for election are extremely high. Membership is by invitation only to the top 7.5% of second-semester juniors and the top 10% of seniors and graduate students. Because Phi Kappa Phi is highly selective, membership is a stamp of excellence that is recognized by graduate and professional school admissions committees and employers alike.
Phi Kappa Phi is much more than a line on a resume. If you choose to accept this once-in-a-lifetime offer, you will join a select community of top scholars and professionals and gain access to resources and benefits designed to serve your academic and professional needs. As a Phi Kappa Phi member, you will also be eligible to apply for numerous scholarships and awards valued at more than $700,000 annually.
To accept your invitation to membership, simply follow the online instructions found in your invitation. If you have misplaced your invitation please contact us at (715) 346-2611 or email email@example.com. If you have questions about membership please contact a chapter officer or someone at the chapter office. If you are unable to reach the chapter office you may call the Society national office at (800) 804-9880.
Membership in the Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi is earned. At UW-Stevens Point, admission is by invitation and requires nomination and approval by our chapter. The governing bylaws of the Society set extremely high standards for membership.
- All must be outstanding students of sound character and enrolled at UWSP or who have gradutated since the last initiation.
- Juniors must have completed at least 72 credit hours and rank scholastically in the top 7.5 percent of their class.
- Seniors must have completed at least 90 credit hours and rank scholastically in the top 10 percent of their class.
- Graduate students must rank in the upper 10 percent of their class.
- All students must NOT have any charges of academic integrity or code of conduct against them.
- Faculty, professional staff, and alumni who have achieved scholarly distinction also may be eligible for membership.