An Associate of Science (AS) in Human Services allows students to fulfill standard AS requirements and gain expertise in preparation for entry-level careers in behavioral sciences and human services. This two-year degree also provides a strong foundation for students pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology or Sociology.
Scholarship Opportunities for Fall 2022
The School of Behavioral and Social Sciences is committed to helping new students achieve their social work/human services education goals. We have a limited number of scholarships to help get you started on your Marshfield or Wausau campus program.
The scholarship awards range from $500-$1,000 each and are equally divided between the fall and spring semesters. These scholarships do not require an application. To be eligible a student must meet the following criteria:
- Be admitted to UWSP for fall 2022 on the Marshfield or Wausau campus as a first-year student or transfer.
- Declare an AS in Human Services or a B.S. in Social Work.
- Enroll in at least 6 credits on the Marshfield or Wausau campus in each semester.
Selection will continue until all scholarships have been awarded.
Mode of Delivery
Primarily face-to-face, with a few courses 100% distance delivery or 50% or more distance delivery.
The AS in Human Services consists of 60 credits. To meet the general requirements of the AS degree, 39 credits of selected courses from several areas of study are required, including Knowledge of Human Cultures, Knowledge of the Natural World, Critical and Creative Thinking and Individual, Social and Environmental Responsibility. The remaining 21 required credits are specifically focused on the behavioral science and human services fields.
UW-Stevens Point Bachelor’s Degree Transfer Possibilities
- B.A./B.S. in Social Work – at Stevens Point, Wausau, and Marshfield campuses
- B.S. in Psychology – at Stevens Point campus
- B.A./B.S. in Sociology – at Stevens Point campus
- B.A./B.S. in Sociology with Criminal Justice minor – at Stevens Point campus
Many of the courses comprising the AS degree may also transfer to other UW institutions.
Meet Your Professors
UW-Stevens Point behavioral and social sciences faculty have a broad range of experience within the field. Meet your professors