The Health Scholars Program is highly selective, admitting 10 students each spring semester. Students with a high level of academic performance, demonstrated commitment to rural community needs and a strong interest in health care–are encouraged to apply. Equally important in the selection process is evidence of the applicant’s work ethic, resiliency and empathy.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 and/or University Honors Student
- Student must have at least 2 years of undergraduate degree work remaining to participate in the program
- Full-time and part-time student status are acceptable
- Pursuing a major in one of the following:
- Clinical Laboratory Science
- Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Family and Consumer Sciences-Child Life Specialist
- Health Science
- Health Promotion and Wellness
- Nursing (including Pre-Nursing)
- Pre-Professional (Pre-AT, Pre-Med Pre-OT, Pre-PA, Pre-PT)
- Social Work
Identify application desire on the School of Health Sciences and Wellness School Scholarship Application
. Students interested in the program are asked to complete the application and identify one UWSP faculty/staff reference.
For students to take full advantage of the opportunities in the program, upon selection into the program the scholar will undergo Marshfield Clinic Health System onboarding requirements (TB testing, vaccinations, drug testing, background checks, and necessary health care training (HIPPA). The heightened research opportunities in the second year may require additional system training and requirements.