Sterling Wall, Ph.D.
Professor - Family and Consumer Sciences
Areas of Expertise
- Marriage and Family Relationships
- Emotional Intelligence
- Gender Role Conflict
Current Undergraduate Classes Taught
- FCS 295 Professional Development & Ethics
- HD 367 Intentional Intimacy
- HD 372 Family Financial Management
- HD 386 Family Resource Management
- HD 395 Research
- FCS 444 Helping Relationships
Current Graduate Classes Taught
- COL 710 Organization and Program Management
- Marriage & Family Relationship Quality
- Relationship Schema
- Ph.D. Human Development & Family Studies, Auburn University, 2003
- M.A. Counseling & Human Sciences, University of Colorado-Colorado Springs, 1997
- B.A. Economics, Brigham Young University, 1993
Study Abroad Trips
- University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point, 2002-present
- Co-Owner of Tomorrow’s Leaders, 2013-present
- Phillips, T., Wilmoth, J., Peterson, D., Wall, S., Buckley, R., & Phillips, L. (2013). Recollected parental care and fear of intimacy in emerging adults.
The Family Journal, 21(3), 335-341.
- Li, C., & Wall, S., Loy, M., & Schoonaert, K. (2012). Supporting international faculty: Perspectives of a tiger teacher who adapted to the American classroom, a colleague, and an administrator.
To Improve the Academy, 31, 247-260.
- Li, C., & Wall, S. (2012). I left home to see the world, now the whole world is my home. In
Phase 3 e-book-Global sustainable development: A challenge for consumer citizens. International Federation of Home Economics. Retrieved November 26, 2012 from www.educationforsustainabledevelopment.org/papers/3-4.pdf
- Wall, S. (2011). Surprise! Your children still need and want you. In R. Keim (Ed.),
Wisdoms for parents: Key ideas from parent educators. St. Paul, MN: National Council on Family Relations.
- Invited co-author of 3rd edition of
Families With Futures textbook. Will ultimately become sole author.