Steve Johnson, DPT
Clinical Assistant Professor; Director of Clinical Education -
Doctor of Physical Therapy Program
715-346-4870B135 Science Building
- Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT), Slippery Rock University, 1998
- B.S. in Psychology, UW-Oshkosh, 1995
Experience and Interests
- Clinical Assistant Professor, UW-Stevens Point (June 2019-Present)
- Adjunct Instructor, UW-Milwaukee (2012-2018)
- Rehabilitation practice differences in rural, urban, and suburban communities
- Scholarship of teaching and learning – clinical competency
- Achieve Therapy Solutions – Co-Owner & Consultant (2019-Present); Vice President of Operations (2007-2019)
- Faculty Adviser: Pre-Physical Therapy Club (2020-Present)
- Member, American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) (1995-Present)
- APTA – Wisconsin Treasurer (2011-2017)
- APTA – Wisconsin Director (2008-2011)
- APTA – House of Delegates (2010-2013)
Steve has been involved with the development of the physical therapy program at UW-Stevens Point since 2014, serving as an advisory board member and participating in stakeholder meetings. Steve has a diverse clinical background having worked in hospital, home health, outpatient and long-term care settings throughout his 20 years as a clinician. After completing his DPT at Slippery Rock University in 1998, he returned to Wisconsin in 2001 and became active with the Wisconsin Physical Therapy Association through committee work and as an elected member of the board.
Steve has been active in clinical education serving as a clinical instructor at various times throughout his career. In 2007 he became a founding member of Achieve Solutions Inc., a private practice serving outpatients as well as both short- and long-term residents of skilled nursing facilities throughout Central Wisconsin. During this period, Steve increased his involvement with physical therapist education through course instruction as well as serving as an onsite survey team member for the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapist Education (CAPTE).
In his role as director of clinical education, Steve looks forward to developing local, regional and national relationships with the clinical community and academic community to serve the physical therapy program at UW-Stevens Point.