Shuva Gautam, Ph.D.
Phone: (715) 346-3144
Office: TNR 367
A native of Nepal, Shuva joined the College of Natural Resources in September 2017. Prior to joining UWSP, Shuva spent over 15 years in Canada where he obtained all his degrees in forestry. Shuva teaches undergraduate and graduate courses on timber harvesting, wood products and decision-making in natural resource management. His research interests are on issues surrounding forest management, timber harvesting and wood utilization.
- Ph.D. Forestry, Laval University, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
- Master of Science (M.S.) Forestry, Lakehead University, Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) Forestry, Lakehead University, Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
- FOR 120: Preparing for a career in Forestry
- FOR 319,320: Summer Field Experience
- FOR 329: Harvesting Systems
- FOR 370: Forest Products I
- NRES 771: An Introduction to Natural and Social Science Research
- NRES 774: Model based Decision Making in Natural Resources Management
- Council of Forest Engineering
- Society of American Foresters
Rijal, B., LeBel, L., Gautam, S. and Cantergril, P. 2020. A sequential optimization approach in tactical planning for value creation in the forest products industry. Sustainability 12(2), 4932
Rijal, B., Gautam, S. and LeBel, L. 2019. The impact of forest disturbances on residual biomass supply: A long-term forest level analysis. Journal of Cleaner Production. 248 (119278)
Koirala, A., Kizha, A.R., De Hoop, C.F., Roth, B.E., Han, H.S., Hiesl, P., Abbas, D., Gautam, S., Baral, S., Bick, S. and Sahoo, K., 2018. Annotated Bibliography of the Global Literature on the Secondary Transportation of Raw and Comminuted Forest Products (2000–2015). Forests, 9(7).
Cantu, Ricardo Pedro, L. LeBel, and S. Gautam. 2017. A context specific machine replacement model: a case study of forest harvesting equipment. International Journal of Forest Engineering.
Gautam, S, L. LeBel and D. Beaudoin. 2016. A hierarchical planning system to assess the impact of operational level flexibility on long-term wood supply. Canadian Journal of Forest Research. 10.1139/cjfr-2016-0264
Gautam, S, R. Pulkki, C. Shahi and M. Leitch. 2012. Fuel Quality Changes in Full Tree Logging Residue during Storage in Roadside Slash Piles in Northwestern Ontario. Biomass and Bioenergy, 42:43-50.