Class Sessions and Hours
The Stevens Point Area Public School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, arrest or conviction record, membership in the military reserve, religion, political beliefs or affiliations, citizenship, use or non-use of lawful products off school premises during non-working hours or any other factor prohibited by law. Discrimination on the basis of age, sex or other requirements constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification necessary to the proper and efficient operation and administration of the school district. The director of Student Services is the district’s compliance officer. If you have concerns, please call 715-345-5454.
4K Guiding Principles
"To provide equal access to quality early childhood learning experiences for all children."
For collaborative community based early childhood programs to be successful, we believe...
- Quality education occurs in safe facilitative environments
- Young children learn best in play-based classrooms with developmentally appropriate practices and curriculum (e.g. The Wisconsin Model Early Learning Standards)
- In teaching to the whole child (cognitive, physical, social, emotional)
- Literacy is at the core of quality instructional programming
- That teachers must respect the individuality of each child by appreciating their unique style and rate of learning
- Early childhood classrooms should be inclusive with early identification and intervention for children with special needs
- Parent/Community involvement is essential for successful programs
- Early learning environments are best when supporting consistent care while minimizing transitions
- Diversity within children and families builds a stronger learning community
- Early education is strengthened through offering comprehensive services such as family support and education, resource & referral, on-going assessment, and transportation