It's Worth A Shot - COVID-19 vaccine incentives
UW-Stevens Point is offering prizes to students who are or become vaccinated against COVID-19. Weekly drawings began Monday, August 9, for prizes including:
- 10 tuition relief awards of $500 each
- Parking passes* – your choice of student lots
- MacBook Pro
- Dinner and a Show for Two: First Nighters theater package – choice of 5 Friday productions ($106 value each).
- Shopping sprees
- 2 free loft rentals, courtesy College Products, minimum value $107 (delivered)**
- Gift certificates to area restaurants, gas stations and other businesses
- UWSP chef-prepared dinner for 6, valued at $250
- DAWG dollars - $50 each
* If you already purchased a parking pass, your money will be refunded.
** If you already rented a loft, you will be reimbursed.
To enter the prize drawings, upload your vaccination record on our secure online portal. You'll need to use your UWSP log-on. Only one upload is needed.
Prizes may be subject to IRS and Federal financial aid rules and regulations.
In addition, UW System has announced that if 70% of the UW-Stevens Point student body has their full series of vaccinations against COVID-19 by Oct. 31, those students will be eligible to win one of 70 scholarships valued at $7,000 each. Read more about this UW System incentive.
Your best chance of winning UW-Stevens Point prizes is early. So, if you just haven't gotten around to getting a vaccine, check www.vaccines.gov for a location near you.
By getting your vaccine now, you can make the most of your college experience. You can also receive your vaccine on campus from Student Health Service. If you have questions about the vaccine, talk to your doctor or UW-Stevens Point's health team at 715-346-4646 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
These prizes are another reason the vaccine is worth a shot. Get vaccinated for COVID-19 because:
- The vaccine protects you from serious illness and complications, which is increasingly important as the Delta variant spreads across the nation.
- The CDC recommends the vaccine as safe and effective. Millions of Americans -- including hundreds of UW-Stevens Point students and employees -- have received the vaccine under the most intense safety monitoring in U.S. history.
- Widespread use of the vaccine is the surest way to return to engaging life experiences.
- Those vaccinated do not need to quarantine if identified as a close contact to someone who has COVID-19.
Vaccines are not required at UW-Stevens Point but are strongly encouraged to protect you, those you care about and your campus community.