Last updated March 18, 2022
The health and safety of our students, staff, and visitors are top priorities at Schmeeckle Reserve. As part of UW-Stevens Point, Schmeeckle has taken several steps to slow the spread of the 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19):
- The visitor center is open. As of March 19, face coverings are encouraged by not required inside the building. Disposable face masks are provided for free inside the front door.
- The meeting room open for group reservations. As of March 19, face masks are encouraged but not required. A new meeting webcam allows guests to join virtually. Click here to make a reservation.
- All trails remain open to the public from dawn to dusk daily.
- Based on campus guidelines, outdoor gatherings at Schmeeckle may be allowed for groups. All gatherings must be reviewed and approved by university administration.
- The all-season restroom building near the Schmeeckle Visitor Center parking lot is open for use. The
restrooms in the Parkway Shelter are closed for the season.
- Outdoor Gear Rentals are available for drop-in visitors and with advance reservations. Click here for more information.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at 715-346-4992 or
Updates will be posted on this website and our Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/SchmeeckleReserve/