Admission Requirements

Transfer applicants will be considered for admission to the University based on the following admission standards*. Standards may be adjusted based on the number of applications we receive and transfer enrollment limits.

UW-Stevens Point does not have a specific application deadline. Applicants are permitted to enroll if they apply, are accepted and confirm enrollment before the transfer enrollment limit is reached.

Priority for admission will be given to applicants in the following two categories:

  1. Transfers with a cumulative grade point average of 2.25 or higher.
  2. Transfers from the UW Colleges (two-year campuses), MATC-Madison, MATC-Milwaukee, or Nicolet College with 54 transferable credits and a 2.00 or higher cumulative grade point average.

    Transfers with a cumulative grade point average of 2.00-2.24 will be considered for admission on an individual basis.

*Please note, certain majors require grade point averages higher than a 2.0. Please see attached list for entrance requirements for selected programs and majors.

Attending Summer Session

You are not required to formally apply to this university to attend only our summer session. Register for summer courses by following the instructions on the Mail-in Registration Form. Credits and grades earned during the summer session are kept on file in the Office of the Registrar.

Transition Students

If you are a current UW-Stevens Point student and want to transition to a different UW-Stevens Point campus (Stevens Point, Marshfield, Wausau) you will submit the Campus/Degree Program Transition Form located in the Forms tile from your homepage in accesSPoint. 

How to Apply - Transfer Students

  1. To apply to UW-Stevens Point as a transfer student, complete the UW System admission application form. You may apply online here or submit a paper application to:

    UW-Stevens Point Office of Admissions and Recruitment
    102 Student Services Building
    1108 Fremont Street
    Stevens Point, WI 54481

    If you prefer to complete a paper application, you may download a copy here​, or request a copy from the UW System HELP Office (800-442-6459) or the UWSP Office of Admissions and Recruitment.

  2. Ask your high school to send an official copy of your high school transcript directly to the UW-Stevens Point Office of Admissions: 102 Student Services Building, UW-Stevens Point, Stevens Point WI 54481-3897. (Please Note: We do accept electronic transcripts sent through Docufide and

  3. If you did not graduate from a recognized high school, you must submit evidence (i.e., official score report) of satisfactory completion of the requirements for a high school equivalency certificate or a diploma based on the General Education Development (GED) examination or the Wisconsin High School Equivalency Examination or other established criteria. You will also need to submit an official high school transcript from the last high school you attended.

  4. Ask each college (including other UW System campuses) and other post-secondary schools you have attended to send an official transcript directly to the UW-Stevens Point Office of Admissions. If you are currently enrolled in college, request that another official transcript also be sent after all current work is complete. We cannot accept transcripts that have been issued to the student. (Please Note: We do accept electronic transcripts sent through Docufide and

  5. If you have taken Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB) or College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) exams, you will need to have your official score report sent to the UWSP Admissions Office so we may review it for possible credit. Information on credits awarded for these exams and how to obtain your official score report is available here.

For Admitted Students

Congratulations on being admitted to UW-Stevens Point! Check out the following links for information on what comes next and about the resources that will be available to you as a UW-Stevens Point student.​​

Transfer Credit

The Admission Office at UW-Stevens Point determines whether credits earned at another institution will transfer to UW-Stevens Point and how those credits will apply toward UW-Stevens Point general degree requirements. Please note the following general policies regarding transfer credit:

  • We accept a maximum of 72 credits from two year colleges.

  • Generally, you will receive credit in courses for which you earned a D or higher. Credits must come from institutions that are accredited by a regional or national accrediting organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Courses must be similar in nature, level, and content to course work in our undergraduate curriculum. Continuing education course and courses that are remedial, technical, vocational, or doctrinal in nature are not transferable.

  • The appropriate academic department will determine which credits apply to your major or minor*.

  • Credits transferred from other institutions are not used in calculating UW-Stevens Point grade point average. The UW-Stevens Point grade point average is determined only by credits and grade point earned at UW-Stevens Point. However, transfer credits and grades are included in the calculation of the grade point average in most majors and minors and in the determination of graduation honors.

  • To graduate from UW-Stevens Point, you must earn at least 30 of the total number of credits required for graduation in residence at UW-Stevens Point.

  • Information on Military Credit.

  • For more information on Transfer Credit, please refer to the UW-Stevens Point Course Catalog.

*Please note, certain majors require grade point averages higher than a 2.0. Please see attached list for entrance requirements for selected programs and majors.

Transfer Guides and Articulation Agreements

We strongly recommend that you login to Transferology for timely and accurate information on course equivalencies between the UW College campuses, Wisconsin Technical Colleges and UW-Stevens Point.