Graduate School

How to Apply 

  1. International students should contact the International Students and Scholars Office​ at 715-346-3849 for graduate application materials.

  2. To apply for admission to graduate study at the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point, please submit the following:
    • A completed UW System Online Graduate Application. The online application form can be found at  certain to list all colleges and/or universities you have attended. You may also obtain a written graduate application by calling the UWSP Admissions Office at 715-346-2441, by writing the Admissions Office at 102 Student Services Center, Stevens Point, WI 54481, or by filling out the information request form.  

    • $56 graduate application fee. Wisconsin statutes require that the application fee accompany your application for admission. The fee is nonrefundable, and your application will not be processed until the application fee has been received. Checks or money orders should be made payable to the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point. If you are applying electronically you can pay with a credit card when you submit your application. 

    • Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended (both undergraduate and graduate). Arrange to have official transcripts from each institution you attended sent directly to the Admissions Office. If you attended UW-Stevens Point as an admitted student in the past, you do not need to request your UW-Stevens Point transcripts from us. We will request UW-Stevens Point transcripts on your behalf. The transcript from the college from which you graduated must indicate that you earned a bachelor's degree. Transcripts from each institution are required before your application can be processed. (Please note: We do accept electronic transcripts sent through Docufide and

  3. ​Successful admission to graduate study requires admission to a specific graduate degree program. A copy of your completed application, as well as a copy of each of your transcripts, will be sent to the program coordinator of the graduate program you have chosen. Many of our graduate degree programs require additional materials such as letters of reference, personal interviews, standardized test scores, verification of certification, etc. The graduate program coordinator will contact you for any additional material needed to determine your acceptability to the program.

Special/Nondegree Graduate Students

If you wish to take graduate courses but do not want to pursue a master's degree at UW-Stevens Point, you may register as a graduate special. You must hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in order to attend as a graduate special. You do not need to complete a formal application process. You will be granted graduate special status when you register for classes.

As a graduate special student you may enroll in graduate-level courses and receive graduate credit for teacher certification requirements or for personal enrichment. A maximum of 9 credits can apply toward a master's degree provided they are approved by your advisor and fit within the seven-year time period required for completion of the degree. If you decide to pursue a master's degree, it is in your best interest to change your status to graduate regular as soon as possible.