Study performing arts at the UW-Stevens Point Department of Theatre and Dance
The performing arts are an important component of the academic and cultural life of the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point campus. The emphasis placed on preparing students for professional careers in the arts contributes to our uniqueness in the UW System. The high quality academic and production programs have established UW-Stevens Point as the primary undergraduate center in Wisconsin for students interested in the performing arts.
The Department of Theatre and Dance offers the following:
- Dance (Bachelor of Arts): The program provides dancers with many opportunities to perform, choreograph, create multimedia work, and present original research.
- Drama (Bachelor of Arts) :Offers opportunities to students with a passion for theatre who desire to direct, manage and write.
- Acting (Bachelor of Fine Arts): A comprehensive, conservatory-style training in stage and screen acting for the student interested in a performance career.
- Design and Technology (Bachelor of Fine Arts): Courses are offered in all levels of scenic, lighting, costume, makeup, sound, and properties design.
- Musical Theatre (Bachelor of Fine Arts): This program is one of the few in the Midwest that integrates the study of acting, dance, and voice.
- Pilates Certification: Our program, like those of other leaders in the Pilates industry, offers an assessment-based certificate of completion based on the recommendations of the nationally recognized Pilates Method Alliance (PMA).
Wherever you want to go after graduating, we can help you get there. Our faculty have worked professionally as directors, dancers, playwrights, choreographers, actors and designers and through their experience and dedication help ensure our students are successful. Graduate school is an option you may choose, especially for certain career paths, and is essential for advanced placement in academic fields.