- Sociology with Concentration in Applied Sociology
- Sociology with Concentration in Adult Life & Aging
- Social Work
- Native American Studies
- Social Science and Health
- Deviance and Social Control
- Family and Socialization
- Community and Environment
Internships - The department offers
internship programs for both Sociology and Social Work majors where students
gain hands-on experience, working under the supervision of social service
professionals in a wide variety of agencies and organizations.
Research Centers - The department
houses two research centers.
- The Community Research Center conducts applied social
science research for local community agencies and groups, including survey
research, using the department’s Telephone Survey Center.
- The Center for the Small City sponsors a variety of public
and university programs of contemporary interest, including the biennial
national Small Cities Conference. Opportunities exist for students to
participate in sociological research through these centers as well as through
independent research projects under the supervision of faculty.
The curricula of the two majors are
integrated, offering Social Work majors a strong grounding in sociological
perspectives and Sociology majors access to cross-listed courses in social
services. A unique aspect of our curriculum is the inclusion of courses in
Native American and rural social services.