Get career guidance through Paper Science and Engineering at UW-Stevens Point
Study the science and technology behind paper engineering in a field with nearly 100 percent job placement. The Paper Science and Engineering program at the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point nurtures students’ interest in math, chemistry, physics and engineering to prepare them for engineering careers in industries important to Wisconsin.Hands-on experiences
Faculty members provide career guidance inside and outside the classroom through professional and extracurricular activities. These activities include:
Graduates find jobs
- touring industrial manufacturing facilities;
- undergraduate research;
- industrial internships;
- participating in professional organizations;
- attending professional meetings and seminars; and
- working with our own coating and laminating machine and the world’s fastest student-run paper machine in our process engineering laboratory.
Students have career opportunities in Wisconsin, across the country and around the world. About 50 percent of our graduates stay in Wisconsin. Many work in other countries. Employers hire our graduates because they:
- have a sound background in fundamental science and engineering principles as applied to paper science and engineering;
- understand related issues such as environmental protection, occupational health and safety, resource management and appropriate business skills;
- are well-rounded professionals in terms of teamwork, communication and problem solving; and
- have developed life-long learning skills and abilities.
Learn more about Paper Science and Engineering scholarships
, career fairs
and undergraduate curriculum
. Prospective UW-Stevens Point students interested in the Paper Science and Engineering program may email Jodi Hermsen
for more information and tour opportunities.