Tablet Upgrade Fund
The tablet upgrade fund has been made available by the Academic Affairs
Office and allows general purpose revenue (GPR) faculty and instructional staff
the ability to purchase and/or replace a tablet every three years.
- The program provides a 32 GB iPad in black or white, a travel case, and a
standard set of productivity software. This is the current
configuration, additional tablet options will be added as the program
- Accessories or purchases that exceed the program offering are paid for at
the department's expense.
- Funding is allocated based on the total number of GRP faculty and
instructional staff in each college.
- For security and confidentiality purposes, tablets will be maintained with software provided by UWSP's Information Technology Department. Such
software may enforce the use of a pin number,
provide the ability wipe a lost device remotely, and provide
software to the device.
- Tablets have a one year manufacturer warranty and do not include
accidental damage coverage. During the expected three year life of the tablet, costs for the repair or replacement of non-functional tablets not covered by warranty will be split evenly between the department and the program fund. Costs other than for non-functional tablets (e.g., lost charging cord) will be
the sole responsibility of the department.
- Unless there is demonstrated need, tablets should stay in use by the
same person for the entire three-year period.
- Tablets purchased under the program remain the property of the University
and are to be returned to Information Technology when replaced by a new tablet or when the employee is no longer employed by the University (e.g., employment elsewhere, termination, retirement, etc.). Tablets returned to Information Technology will be made available to the highest priority uses across campus (which will include administrative units).
For information about purchasing apps and additional guidelines surrounding the use of univresity owned tablets visit the Tablet Tutorial page.