Graduating Student Information
Students that are officially graduating, please be aware of the following information.
, if you are not officially graduating and are no longer registered for classes.
Now that I have officially graduated, what technology services remain available to me until my network account is removed?
- Watch your UWSP email account for messages from the UWSP Postmaster warning you about the pending removal of your account. These messages will include the exact date your account will be removed. Below are the general guidelines:
- If you are officially graduating in Fall or Winterim your UWSP network account will remain active until the start of the following fall semester (about the 3rd week into the semester). Example: If you graduated in December 2010 your account would remain active until about the third week into the fall 2011 semester.
- If you are officially graduating in Spring or Summer your UWSP network account will remain active until the start of the following spring semester (about the 3rd week into the semester). Example: If you graduated in May 2010 your account would remain active until about the third week into the spring 2011 semester.
- Information Technology cannot restore files once your UWSP account has become inactive. Make copies of any files you may need before your account is removed, you will be unable to retrieve this information once your account is gone. A convenient and inexpensive way to create a backup of your files is to save them to external storage media such as a CD or key/flash drive.
MyFiles Network Storage Space
- Options for accessing email from off-campus can be found on the Email Setup web page.
- If you are subscribed to any listserves or RSS feeds, we encourage you to unsubscribe your UWSP account from these lists.
- We suggest advising any important contacts that your UWSP email address will no longer be available and inform them of an alternate email address they can use to contact you.
MyPoint UWSP Portal
- You can continue to access and use your myFiles network storage space.
- Make a copy of all of your private and inetpub files. You will be unable to retrieve files from this location once your account is removed.
- You can continue to log into your myPoint portal web site to access all of your academic records at: http://myPoint.uwsp.edu.
Public Computer Labs & Kiosks
- You can continue to print in campus computer labs at no charge to assist you in your career search and other activities that require professional documents, such as resumes, cover letters or grad school applications. You will not be billed for printing.
- Additional personal printing services are available at the Printing and Design Office in the lower level of the Science Building or the University Book Store and Text Rental located in the Dreyfus University Center.
- You can continue to use computers located in the campus Public Computer Labs.
- You can continue to use Kiosks located throughout the campus.
- You can no longer purchase software from the Wisconsin Integrated Software Catalog as a graduated student. To order materials from the Wisconsin Integrated Software Catalog you must be registered for a class.
- We suggest removing any customized software settings or configurations specific to UWSP from your computer/mobile devices. This may include configurations such as UWSP email, myFiles, wireless, etc.
- Software licensed to UWSP, must be removed. This may include any software listed here. Click on a specific software title for access to removal instructions.
- You can continue to access the secure UWSP Wireless network when you are on-campus.
- You can continue to print to a computer lab printer from the wireless network at no charge.
- For information on wired guest network access visit our Guest Logon Accounts page.
- For information on wireless guest network access visit our Network & Wireless webpage
If you have additional questions, please contact the Help Desk.