When you arrive at the reception desk of your residence hall:
- You will be asked to complete a housing card;
- You will be given a room key or combination number, and an outside door key;
- You will be assigned to a double room, that is, you may have a roommate;
- You will receive an orientation packet. Please be sure to locate and review your orientation schedule.
- The residence halls do not provide bed linens (sheets, blanket, pillow, or towels). The ESL Program offers new, low-cost "bed kits" for all new students.
- The room assigned to you upon arrival may or may not be your permanent room.
- Be sure to check your room thoroughly. Report to the residence hall staff any defects in the room and furnishings; otherwise you may have to pay for pre-existing damages.
- You are expected to clean your temporary room before checking into your permanent room.
Important notice regarding Orientation and Housing Contracts: The required ESL Program orientation typically begins before the UWSP Office of Residential Living’s regular contract periods. As a result, new students may be charged a nominal nightly or weekly fee for pre-contract housing. These charges will be added to your university account and are due when billed