What is edTPA and why is it mandated?
What is the implementation timeline for edTPA in Wisconsin?
- 2014-15 Pilot and Local Implementation
- 2015-16 Full Implementation with Pearson, without passing score
- 2016-17 Full Implementation with Pearson with passing score
- How do I register and pay fees for the edTPA?
- Fees for Pearson scoring will be built into your student teaching tuition, effective fall 2015. The Professional Education Program will provide you with a voucher number that you will use on Calk and Wire for submission of your edTPA materials. You will need to subscribe to Chalk and Wire one semester prior to your student teaching semester. (See Chalk and Wire)
What is the minimum score to pass the edTPA?
The passing score will be determined in 2015-16.
Workshops and Support for Teacher Candidates completing the edTPA
edTPA Pilot Participants Workshop August 25, 2014, 8:30 a.m.-noon (mandatory) PowerPoint
- edTPA Pilot Participants Workshop September 27, 2014, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., room 326 CPS
- edTPA One Credit Workshop-semester prior to student teaching (optional)
- Friday, September 26, 2014, 1-3:30 p.m., 326 CPS - Task 1 Planning
- Friday, October 17, 2014, 1-3:30 p.m., 326 CPS - Task 2 Instruction
- Friday, November 7, 2014, 1-3:30 p.m., 326 CPS - Task 3 Assessment
- Pre-Registration information to follow
Frequently Asked Questions
- Video Taping Tips
- Permission to Video
Submission Timelines (TBD)
- Nine Week Placement
- Eighteen Week Placement
edTPA Handbooks and Templates