Are you looking for more effective ways to spend your
advertising dollars? Effective marketing decisions begin with knowing precisely
who your customers are, where they live, where pockets of your prospective
"best" customers exist, and where your competitors are located.
Where Are Your Customers?
Using Geographic Information Systems (GIS) software,
the UWSP Continuing Education Small Business Development Center maps your
current customer database. GIS maps help you:
- Visualize customer density
- See the size and location of your trade area
- See concentrations of prospective customers
- Target potential customers by demographic
Choosing a location?
The Small Business Development Center maps prospective
locations for your business start-up, new location for an established business
or additional site for an expanding enterprise! Maps show you the merits of one
location over others by pinpointing:
- Proximity of competitors
- Drive time from a variety of access points
- Key demographics of the surrounding population
- Socio-economic and demographic data within a
Define your marketplace
SBDC counselors help you define your
marketplace and your customer profile as well as identify mapping
criteria. Call the UW-Stevens Point Continuing Education Small Business Development Center
at 715-346-3838 or email Mary.Wescott@uwsp.edu for details and
Review our examples of completed projects for more ideas on how trade
area mapping can help you and your business grow!