Policies Pertaining to the Allen Center Fitness Facilities and Programs
- Access to Allen Center Programs—Membership is
required for the Cardio Center and Yoga programs. The Cardio Center
membership categories include UWSP, ESL, MSTC students, UWSP
Faculty/Staff, UWSP Faculty/Staff Retirees, UWSP Graduates, and Guests
(spouses/ partners/adult children of members). Yoga membership
categories include UWSP, ESL, MSTC students, UWSP Faculty/Staff, and
Community. Non-members may purchase a one-time use pass with a photo ID.
Access to Group Fitness is limited to current UWSP/ESL/MSTC students
and UWSP Faculty/Staff. Group Fitness is open to UWSP, ESL, and MSTC
students at no additional charge. UWSP Faculty/Staff may purchase a
membership for Group Fitness.
- Identification Requirements for Participation—To
participate as a member, the valid UWSP-issued ID card must be
presented before each workout. A self-reported ID# will not be accepted
as a form of identification. A photo ID is required for purchase of a
one-time use pass. No ID? No Workout! No exceptions!
- Payment Methods—Cash, check, and PointCASH are
accepted for Allen Center programs. Students must use student billing
for the Cardio Center membership. Current UWSP Faculty/Staff must use
payroll deduction for the Cardio Center or Group Fitness membership.
Payroll deduction is not accepted for any other service in the Allen
- Refunds—All membership purchases are final--no refunds or membership transfers will be granted.
- Facility Reservations—Studio A is not a
reservable space. Studio B (Allen Upper Level) and the Conference Room
are reservable spaces. Allen Center programs take priority in Studio B
and the Conference Room. All reservations must be made through the UWSP
Events Management System (http://dailyevents.uwsp.edu).
- Lockers are available in the Allen Center for
long-term and for daily use. Lockers in the Allen lower level hallway
are available for rent through the Cardio Center. Renters must furnish
their own lock. Lockers in the men’s and women’s locker rooms are for
daily use only. Locks are not permitted on lockers in the locker rooms
Policies pertaining to individual conduct:
- All equipment must be used appropriately, in the manner for which use was intended, and in accordance with Allen Center expectations.
- Alcohol and tobacco are prohibited in the Allen Center for Health and Wellness Programs.
- Cell phone use is prohibited in the Cardio Center, during Group Fitness classes, and in the locker rooms.
- Designated Free Workouts Periods are only
available to current UWSP students, faculty, and staff. In order to
participate in a free workout, a participant must present a current UWSP
student or Faculty/Staff ID each and every time. A graduate, retiree,
or guest without a membership is not eligible to work out for free
- Dress Code—Clothing designed for sport or
activity is required. An athletic shirt (must cover chest, sides,
stomach, & entire back), gym shorts or sweat pants, and athletic
footwear (no open-toe shoes) are expected for any Allen Center fitness
- Glass is not permitted in the Cardio Center or studios. In addition, beverage containers must be closable.
- Minors are not allowed in the Allen Center for Health and Wellness Programs.
- Personal Training is offered to Cardio Center
members for no additional charge. Sessions are offered on a firstcome,
first-served basis. Fees will be assessed for missed appointments
- Sign-up policies are as follows: UWSP students
and UWSP Faculty/Staff sign-up for a membership online through
go2allen.com. Payment is by student billing or payroll deduction,
respectively. MSTC and ESL students, retirees, graduates, and guests
sign up in person at the Cardio Center desk and pay with cash, check, or
PointCASH. The university waiver will be required for use of fitness
Expectations for users:
- Users are expected to wipe off machines/equipment after each use with the cleaner /paper towels provided.
- Patrons are asked to step away from weight machines during rest/recovery periods to allow access for others.
- To minimize machine damage and aid in cleanliness, patrons are
asked to wear clean and dry workout shoes. Space is provided to change
into workout shoes; storage cubbies are available to store street shoes.
- Complementary towel service is provided by the Cardio Center and
Group Fitness. Sweat towels are self-service and members are asked to
limit themselves to one towel per visit. Additionally, shower towels are
available by request at the desk with a limit of one towel per visit.
- Allen Center for Health and Wellness Programs is not responsible
for lost or stolen items. Personal gear must be left in lockers,
cubbies or on coat racks including coats, sweatshirts, backpacks, and
other personal items.