Transfer ViewPoint Day - Friday March 7, 2014
Are you thinking about transferring to UW-Stevens Point? If so, you're not alone. Each year, UWSP welcomes over 1,000 new transfer students...and you could be one of them! On Saturday, March 7th, we will be hosting Transfer ViewPoint Day, which will include presentations on admissions, financial aid, student life and career services. Campus tours include a residence hall. Lunch (your only expense at $5.00 per lunch ticket), a student panel, and small-group discussions with professors round out your day on campus. Whether you have already applied to UWSP, have been admitted or are simply thinking about applying to UWSP, the Transfer ViewPoint Day is a great way to get your questions answered and to see if UWSP is the right fit for you. Parents and other family members are welcome!
Please note that this is an optional and informational visit program for any prospective transfer student. You will not be registering for courses or receiving a credit/transcript evaluation.
To make a Transfer ViewPoint Day reservation*, click the button below and follow the directions for completing your online visit reservation. You may also call us at 715-346-2441.
Things to Know Before You Visit:
- Please note that this is an informational visit program for all prospective transfer students. Course registration and credit evaluation occur separate from this visit day.
- Please plan to arrive by 8:30 a.m. so you can visit with take part in our information fair. Free parking is available in University Lot X. The lot is referenced on your map and driving directions. While Lot X contains parking meters, please note that you do not need to plug them.
- Lunch tickets will be sold at the event for $5.00 each. Lunch will be served in the DeBot Center, our main campus dining facility.
- Please note that, due to teaching schedules, not all academic departmentswill be available during the information sessions. If you want to make sure that your area of interest is represented, please give us a call about a week in advance of your visit.
Your Schedule for the Day:
|Laird Room in Dreyfus University Center (Building #40)|
Come early to speak with people from across campus!
||Welcome - General Information from Admissions and Career Services
||Break/Purchase Lunch Tickets
||Financial Aid Panel
||Academic Session Breakout
||Admissions staff will escort|
||Academic Department Sessions
||Various locations on campus|
|Debot Dining Center (Building #42) |
||Residence Hall and Campus Tours (ongoing) *
||Departing from lower level of Debot Dining Center (Building #42)|
*Please note that the last tour leaves at 1:30pm. Tours last approximately one hour.
Driving Directions to UW-Stevens Point:
Free parking is available in Lot X - you do not need to plug the parking meters.
- From Green Bay and eastern Wisconsin
Take Highway 29 to Wausau, then I-39/ Hwy 51 south to Stevens Point. Take exit 159 and drive west on Stanley Street into the city. Lot X is located on the corner of Stanley Street and Fremont Street.
OR Take Highway 41 to Appleton , then Highway 10 west from the Fox River Valley. Then follow Highway 66 west into Stevens Point. Turn right onto Fremont Street. Lot X is located about 2 blocks north on the left.
- From Madison and southern Wisconsin
Take I-39/Hwy 51 north to Stevens Point. Take exit 159 and drive west on Stanley Street into the city. Lot X is located on the corner of Stanley Street and Fremont Street.
- From the Milwaukee area
Take I-94 west and north to I-39/Hwy 51 above Madison. Take I-39/Hwy 51 north to Stevens Point . Take exit 159 and drive west on Stanley Street into the city. Lot X is located on the corner of Stanley Street and Fremont Street.
- From Minneapolis/St. Paul and western Wisconsin
Take I-94 east to Hwy 29 east. Follow Highway 29 east to Wausau, and then take I-39/Hwy 51 south to Stevens Point. Take exit 159 and drive west on Stanley Street into the city. Lot X is located on the corner of Stanley Street and Fremont Street.
OR Take I-94 east and south to Osseo. Take Highway 10 east past Junction City and then follow County HH into Stevens Point. Turn left onto Hwy 66 east. Turn left onto Fremont Street. Lot X is located about 3 blocks north on the left.
- From Wausau and northern Wisconsin
Take I-39/Hwy 51 south to Stevens Point. Take exit 159 and drive west on Stanley Street into the city. Lot X is located on the corner of Stanley Street and Fremont Street.
A campus map can be found here.
Area Hotels can be found here. Be sure to ask if they have special rates for UWSP visitors!
Questions? Please don't hesitate to call us at 715-346-2441 or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.