All transfer students, including re-entry
transfer students, are required to attend one of the scheduled one-day Orientation/Registration program
. These programs are held in April, May and June for the fall semester and November/December/January for the spring semester.
You will be invited to a program based on your number of transfer credits earned. Further Orientation information will be mailed to you approximately one month in advance of your assigned registration date, provided that you have been admitted and paid the $100 enrollment deposit. We strongly encourage you to attend the Orientation program to which you are invited. However, if it is not possible for you to register on that day, you will be allowed to register at a future transfer registration program.
- NOTE: If you have been tentatively admitted to UWSP (meaning that you are currently enrolled at another college), please remember to have an official copy of your final college transcript sent to the UWSP Admissions Office as soon as it becomes available. You will be allowed to register for classes on the date indicated in your Orientation registration instructions; however, your admission to UWSP will remain tentative until we receive your final transcript. See also Placement Testing Information
for the Orientation Program
are covered in part by a $175.00 matriculation fee that will appear on your first semester tuition bill.
The matriculation fee
is a one-time fee that covers the Orientation programming costs, Convocation, first-year programming and Commencement fees. NOTE:
All univerrsity bills are sent to students directly through their UWSP email accounts. It is important that you check your UWSP email or your account on "myPoint" for your billing information. See the Accounts Receivable
website for further information about student billing.
- Should you decide NOT to attend UWSP after you complete registration, any payment you make (excluding the $100 tuition deposit) will be refunded to you if you notify the Registrar of your cancellation in writing (cancellation form) prior to the first day of classes. Mail cancellations to: UWSP Registrar, 101 Student Services, Stevens Point, WI 54481.
For additional information about Orientation, contact: Admissions Office at (715) 346-2441 or email@example.com
Overview of the One-Day Orientation Program
The Orientation/Registration program includes a credit degree assessment, academic resource information, policies and academic department enrollment management information, as well as advising and class registration.
- Free parking will be available in Lot X (see campus map) on your orientation day only. Lot X is a metered lot, but you do not need to put money in the meters on your assigned Orientation day. If you wish to park in University lots during the semester/academic year, you must apply for a parking permit at the Office of Parking Services after you have registered for your classes.
Program check-in begins at 8:00 a.m. in either the Alumni Room or the Laird Room of the Dreyfus University Center (please check the instructions you receive in the mail for specifics). During check-in, you may pick up your orientation/registration materials. You may also have your campus ID photo taken at this time. Please bring a government-issued photo ID with you; you will need it to receive your UWSP ID card.
- The formal program begins at 8:30 a.m. and provides an overview of the UWSP General Education Program (GEP), degree options, registration procedures and class availability. You are required to attend this session in order to be authorized to register later in the day. Departmental advising will begin after the Resource Fair and class registration will begin at 1:00 p.m. The program will conclude after you have registered (between 1:30-2:30 p.m.)
- A Resource Room will be available where you may speak with various departments from across campus.
UWSP offices and organizations invited to participate in the resource fair include:
- Campus Ministry
- Cardio and Strength Centers
- Career Services
- Child Learning and Care Center
- Counseling Center
- Dining Services
- Disability and Assistive Technology Center
- Diversity and College Access
- Financial Aid
- Information Technology
- International Programs
- Nontraditional Student Organization (Alliance)
- Parking Services
- Point Card Office
- Protective Services
- Residential Living
- ROTC/Military Science
- Student Academic Advising Center
- Student Government Association
- Student Health Services
- Student Involvement and Employment Office
- Telephone Support (Cell Service)
- Text Rental
- Tutoring and Learning Center
- US Bank
Activating your UWSP Account -- New students automatically receive a Network Account after registering for classes. Your network account allows you access to the public computer labs, email, library resources, registration information, financial information, Desire to Learn, and many other UWSP Network Resources.
You can begin using your account the day after
you have registered for classes. You will NOT
be able to activate your account prior to registering for classes. To activate your account
, please go to the following website and follow the activation instructions: http://www.uwsp.edu/activate